Through a variety of programmes that run throughout the year, the Tap curriculum provides training and education in the following areas of study:
- Soft Shoe Shuffle
- English and American Syllabus Tap
- American Street Tap
- Cross discipline relevance of rhythms, accents, tone.
- Education in the history and origins of Tap Dancing
- Education in the social/economical relevance of Tap Dancing and it’s development through the ages as well as dominant trends of Tap
- Exploration of other percussion based dance styles/art forms (eg. Flamenco, Drumming. Irish Dance, Body Percussion) –
- Tap and rhythm in different Cultures
- A study of leading productions /significant performances.
- A study of leading practitioners and influential artists.
- Devising and choreology
- Production and Design
In addition to these core areas lies the heart of the company ethos, ‘Let Your Colours Explode!’ Workshop participants are encouraged to discuss other ideas and areas if interest and what they want to get out of the curriculum. Due to the nature of creative education, workshop delivery is flexible, adaptable and always fun!
In 2015, members of Fireworks had the opportunity to collaborate with the Ibuki –